APPLY HERE: https://jsco.re/6psiq
About the company:
Marcus & Millichap Company (MMC) is a real estate leader and pioneer with a diverse family of companies offering Premier Real Estate Services
, Real Estate Investments
and Real Estate Developments
. Each MMC company is a distinct fusion of real estate specialization and innovation powered by a culture of loyalty that permeates throughout the Marcus & Millichap organization. To find out more about the company, visit www.mmcrealestate.com
About the role: We’re hiring a Corporate Accountant to join our team in Palo Alto, California! This is a new position as a result of growth in the Company. Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, tThe Corporate Accountant will focus on consolidating and analyzing property financials submitted by our subsidiary team and work closely with the Corporate Senior Accountant to facilitate the close process of our MMC corporate entity. This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including account reconciliation, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and also supports budget and forecast activities. A great opportunity to those who would like to utilize and develop their existing skills. This role offers growth opportunities and provides vast experience in the corporate entity of a highly successful and dynamic real estate organization in the Bay Area. You will have a huge amount of ownership over your work and working alongside a strong accounting management team. We’re in a great location - near Caltrain with good restaurants and shops within walking distance. MMC has a fiscal year end of March 31.
- Prepare and Manage monthly review, analysis and consolidation of property financials. Prepare property variance analysis on income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, actual/budget variances to facilitate monthly close of corporate entity (MMC).
- Work closely with our multi-family subsidiary’s property accounting group and business process owner
- Perform detailed analytical review of property-related financials for corporate reporting purpose
- Prepare monthly properties receivable report and research/reconcile property receivable balances.
- Prepare/review the recording of transactions into the general ledger
- Record corporate transactions into the general ledger
- Understand the recording of transactions in the general ledger (including properties) in order to prepare monthly/quarterly consolidated reporting packages
- Prepare monthly/quarterly account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and other schedules.
- Support various collaborative projects, including assisting in the development of company business plans and forecasts, and preparing finance status and equity by project reports
- Maintain fixed assets and associated depreciation and amortization in SAP; and ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
- Support various collaborative projects, including assisting in the development of company forecasts and business plans, and preparing metric reports
- Document procedures and streamline processes when possible
- Prepare schedules for the annual audit and provide audit support as needed
- Prepare schedules and other information for the purpose of tax returns
- Other projects as the need arise
APPLY HERE: https://jsco.re/6psiq